There has been some research carried out in reference to woman’s health which has demonstrated that reflexology helps with the below
- Reduction of intensity and duration of menstrual pain¹
- Improvement of sleep and psychological ratings associated with PMS²
- Reduction of anxiety³
Statistics indicate that one in six couples face issues when trying for a baby and these numbers are increasing. The reason for this is often due to the frustration woman find themselves in of not been giving the specific cause of the infertility. They are often told it is unexplained fertility and they should relax. Many woman have found that the ancient art of reflexology can make a difference and help reduce their stress. Many woman believe that regular treatments helped them become pregnant. Arty has trained with Barbara Scott who is the founder of Seren Natural Fertility and the author of the best selling book Reflexology for Fertility. This training involves certain protocols that can be used alongside natural conception as well as assisted reproduction such as IVF, ICSI and ICU.
- Comparing the effects of reflexology methods and Ibuprofen administration on dysmenorrhea in female studies of Isfahan University of Medical Sciences. Mahboubeh Valiani, Elahe Babei, Reza Heshmat, and Zahra Zare Iranian Jornal of Nursing and Midwifery Research 2010 Dec, 15 (Suppl 1): 371-8
- Randomized Controlled Study of Premenstrual Symptoms Treated With Ear, Hand and Foot Reflexology. OBSTERICS AND GYNECOLOGY – NEW YORK Oleson, T. Flocco, W 1993 VOL 82; NUMBER 6, page (s) 906
- Evaluation of anxiety, salivary cortisol and melatonin secretion following reflexology treatment; A pilot study in healthy individuals AJ. Mc Vicar, C.R. Greenwood, F, Fewell, V. D’Arcy, S. Chandrasekharan and LC. Aldridge Complementary Therapies in Clinical Practice 2007 VOL 13; NUMBER 3, page(s) 137-145