Ear Acupuncture for Stress and Anxiety Management
The Ear Acupuncture for Stress and Anxiety Management Protocol is accredited by Federation of Holistic Therapists and is mapped to National Occupational Standards, Skills for Health and Core Curricular (using British Acupuncture Council standards as a minumum benchmark) to deliver best safe practice. Arty trained with Microsystems Therapies and Training (MTAT) where she learned the theoretical and practical application of an evidence based ear acupuncture protocol with strong clinical and foundational base to help alleviate symptoms of stress and anxiety quickly and naturally, adjunctive to usual medical care.
This protocol is based on inserting very fine sterile needles on certain points on the ear. These points are supported by evidence and clinically effective protocols based on Nogier’s anatomical model or somatotopic representation.
The five points have the following benefits:
- Lowers and creates anxiety.
- Increases parasympathetic nerve activity and tranquillising effect
- Affects adrenocortical hormones to assist with dealing with stress
- Calms the mind and nervous disorders
- Regulates ACTH and cortisol levels